This year I’ve been developing a digital experimentation program for our public and authenticated websites at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan. I was asked to lead this project because of my background in UX design and data analysis in efforts to create more collaboration between the UX team and the Digital Analytics team.
Research test ideas that will improve the usability of our site and also align with our corporate goals
Run monthly meetings with managers in our department to share results, receive feedback and generate new test ideas
Gather data and conduct benchmarking
Create wireframes and mockups
Set up and monitor the tests
Write and present findings reports
Develop and document the appropriate process for how our experimentation program should be run
Our department did not have a large scale program or process for testing content, CTA and overall design changes on the website. I've used Google Optimize to set up a variety of tests to answer questions including:
How can we improve our conversion rates for key processes such as registration and account recovery?
Which images generate a higher clickthrough rate?
Which CTA style generates a higher clickthrough rate?
Read my findings Reports:
I maintain dashboards to keep track of weekly, monthly and annual data across the BCBSM websites. I report and analyze metrics for various stakeholders including the General Motors and FCA Care microsites, the BCBSM mobile app, and the BCBSM public site. In addition to these monthly and weekly reports, I also complete adhoc requests for specific pages or sections of the site that are requested.
We currently gather data from Google Analytics and add it to Powerpoint decks and Excel dashboards we distribute. For more automated and seamless reporting, I've created dashboards in Google Data Studio. It is still in beta version but I took the lead on creating various dashboards so when the full version is released our department can have an easy transition to using this tool.
A preview of some dashboards I built: